By Pong P. Chu
The booklet is split into 4 significant components. half I covers HDL constructs and synthesis of easy electronic circuits. half II presents an summary of embedded software program improvement with the emphasis on low-level I/O entry and drivers. half III demonstrates the layout and improvement of and software program for a number of complicated I/O peripherals, together with PS2 keyboard and mouse, a photograph video controller, an audio codec, and an SD (secure electronic) card. half IV presents 3 case reports of the mixing of accelerators, together with a customized GCD (greatest universal divisor) circuit, a Mandelbrot set fractal circuit, and an audio synthesizer in keeping with DDFS (direct electronic frequency synthesis) methodology.
The ebook makes use of FPGA units, Nios II soft-core processor, and improvement platform from Altera Co., that's one of many major FPGA manufactures. Altera has a beneficiant college application that gives loose software program and discounted prototyping forums for tutorial associations (details at http://www.altera.com/university). the 2 major academic prototyping forums are often called DE1 ($99) and DE2 ($269). All experiments should be carried out and proven with those forums. A board mixed with this ebook turns into a “turn-key” answer for the SoPC layout experiments and tasks. so much HDL and C codes within the ebook are machine autonomous and will be tailored via different prototyping forums so long as a board has related I/O configuration.
Read or Download Embedded SoPC Design with Nios II Processor and VHDL Examples PDF
Similar microprocessors & system design books
This e-book is a hands-on creation to the foundations and perform of embedded procedure layout utilizing the PIC microcontroller. jam-packed with precious examples and illustrations, it offers an in-depth remedy of microcontroller layout, programming in either meeting language and C, and contours complicated subject matters comparable to networking and real-time working platforms.
This article makes in-depth explorations of a large variety of theoretical subject matters in laptop technology. It plunges into the functions of the summary strategies so that it will confront and deal with the skepticism of readers, and instill in them an appreciation for the usefulness of idea. A two-part presentation integrates common sense and formal language—both with purposes.
- Programming and Customizing the PIC Microcontroller (Tab Electronics)
- Advanced Digital Logic Design Using VHDL, State Machines, and Synthesis for FPGA's
- Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Technology
- From scientific instrument to industrial machine: Coping with architectural stress in embedded systems (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Digital Signal Processing, 1st Edition
- Advanced Memory Optimization Techniques for Low-Power Embedded Processors
Additional info for Embedded SoPC Design with Nios II Processor and VHDL Examples
7. It provides a graphic interface for users to access tools and display relevant files. O. Some differences may exist in other versions. 8. Its menu items and frequently used action icons are displayed on top. The remaining is divided into four smaller windows: • Project Navigator window (top left) • Tasks window (middle left) • Messages window (bottom) • Workplace area (top right) Note that a window may contain multiple pages and the tabs at the top or bottom are used to select the desired page.
23. Writing code for a comprehensive test vector generator and a monitor requires detailed knowledge of VHDL and is beyond the scope of this book. This listing can serve as a testbench template for other combinational circuits. We can substitute the uut instance and modify the test patterns according to the new circuit. 5 BIBLIOGRAPHIC NOTES A short bibliographic section appears at the end of each chapter to provide some of the most relevant references for further exploration. A comprehensive bibliography is included at the end of the book.
Double-clicking an error message leads to the offending line in the file. We can correct the problem, save the file, and repeat the syntax checking process until all syntax errors are eliminated. The analysis process only checks the syntax of the current file and does not perform elaboration. Other errors may still occur when the entire project is compiled. Add existing HDL files A project usually contains multiple files and some files have been developed in previous projects or can be obtained from other sources.