By Richard Isralowitz, Patricia A. Findley
This bold source describes cutting edge intervention courses for treating substance abuse and different psychological illnesses within the center East within the context of bigger matters within the sector. Deftly combining medical acumen with in-depth wisdom of sociopolitical currents, individuals current information and research on similarities and modifications in the quarter, habit matters in distinctive populations (youth, moms, immigrants), and the efficacy of neighborhood and foreign projects. New developments in evidence-based responses, together with psychological future health prone in warfare and catastrophe, are concerning the bigger objectives of marketing peace. for this reason, the editors transcend the idea that of shared difficulties to debate innovations towards shared ideas, such a lot particularly mental first reduction as a therapeutic method of mediation.
Among the subjects covered:
- Drug abuse within the heart East: selling mutual pursuits via resistance and resilience.
- Toward uniform info assortment and tracking of Israeli and Palestinian adolescent drug use.
- Substance abusing moms: towards an realizing of parenting and possibility behavior.
- Immigration, acculturation, and drug use.
- Psychological first relief: a device for mitigating clash within the center East.
- Collaborative techniques to addressing psychological overall healthiness and addiction.
For overall healthiness psychologists, psychiatrists, scientific social staff, and dependancy counselors, Mental healthiness and dependancy Care within the center East demonstrates the deep strength for psychological health and wellbeing and social concerns to be addressed to learn all groups involved.
Read or Download Mental Health and Addiction Care in the Middle East PDF
Similar health books
Welcome or now not, such a lot electorate in Western international locations are not able to move via an afternoon with no receiving a dose of overall healthiness info. This book examines the methods in which ordinary humans find and digest the volume of healthiness info to be had today, focusing at the unexplored 'middle' position of human and technical mediators.
This useful and motivational publication teaches the consumer easy methods to generate new principles all alone in addition to unencumber hidden creativity. The routines and suggestion during this step forward technique will motivate clients to discover concepts recognized yet not able to accomplish. The concise, the best way to info is introduced in a pleasant, interactive layout and is perfect for person or group use.
- Genes and Health 3rd ed.
- Dr. Psenka's Seasonal Allergy Solution: The All-Natural 4-Week Plan to Eliminate the Underlying Cause of Allergies and Live Symptom-Free
- The Rainbow Juice Cleanse: Lose Weight, Boost Energy, and Supercharge Your Health
- Health Care Reform Simplified: What Professionals in Medicine, Government, Insurance, and Business Need to Know
- Total Health the Chinese Way: An Essential Guide to Easing Pain, Reducing Stress, Treating Illness, and Restoring the Body through Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch
Extra info for Mental Health and Addiction Care in the Middle East
FSU women prefer shorter forms of treatment intervention such as detoxiﬁcation and are more inclined to use alcohol and other drugs while receiving treatment. • FSU women have a greater concern about their personal health and maintaining custody of their children (Isralowitz, 2003; Isralowitz & Bar Hamburger, 2002; Isralowitz & Borkin, 2002). Nika’s Story. The following story about “Nika,” a former Soviet Union immigrant and drug user, is true. The story reﬂects the interaction of individual and environmental factors that inﬂuenced her vulnerability to drug use, abuse, and dependence.
If I was able to do something it was to drink vodka. Dany let me stay at his place. ” I was without a drink for almost 12 h; I was shaking and shivering so Dany called for an ambulance and I was taken to Soroka Hospital again. There I had my ﬁrst epileptic seizure. I lost all control over my body; I was thrown from side to side, bent, and twisted to arches. They immediately gave me an injection of medication and brought me to a patient ward where I spent a couple of days. In the hospital I had a couple of more seizures but they were weaker and I began to realize that I could not keep drinking the way I do.
Young adults in Israel, for the most part, are obligated to do military service—for females normally 2 years. The following is the true story of “N” caught up in a cycle of medical mismanagement leading to problematic prescription drug use. The Story of “N”: A Case Study. Assigned to a unit with “combat status” and responsible for monitoring security, “N” was injured in a training incident that resulted in dislocated ribs—an injury affecting her breathing, sleep, physical movements, and other personal functions.