By Arslan Munir, Ann Gordon-Ross, Sanjay Ranka
This publication introduces the cutting-edge in examine in parallel and allotted embedded structures, which were enabled by way of advancements in silicon expertise, micro-electro-mechanical platforms (MEMS), instant communications, machine networking, and electronic electronics. those platforms have diversified functions in domain names together with army and safety, scientific, automobile, and unmanned self sufficient vehicles.
The emphasis of the publication is at the modeling and optimization of rising parallel and dispensed embedded structures on the subject of the 3 key layout metrics of functionality, strength and dependability.
- Includes an embedded instant sensor networks case examine to assist illustrate the modeling and optimization of allotted embedded platforms.
- Provides an research of multi-core/many-core dependent embedded platforms to provide an explanation for the modeling and optimization of parallel embedded systems.
- Features an software metrics estimation version; Markov modeling for fault tolerance and research; and queueing theoretic modeling for functionality evaluation.
- Discusses optimization methods for allotted instant sensor networks; high-performance and energy-efficient options on the structure, middleware and software program degrees for parallel multicore-based embedded platforms; and dynamic optimization methodologies.
- Highlights examine demanding situations and destiny study directions.
The e-book is essentially aimed toward researchers in embedded structures; even if, it's going to additionally function a useful connection with senior undergraduate and graduate scholars with an curiosity in embedded platforms research.
Read or Download Modeling and optimization of parallel and distributed embedded systems PDF
Similar microprocessors & system design books
This publication is a hands-on advent to the rules and perform of embedded procedure layout utilizing the PIC microcontroller. jam-packed with worthwhile examples and illustrations, it provides an in-depth therapy of microcontroller layout, programming in either meeting language and C, and contours complicated themes corresponding to networking and real-time working structures.
This article makes in-depth explorations of a large diversity of theoretical subject matters in desktop technology. It plunges into the functions of the summary ideas that allows you to confront and handle the skepticism of readers, and instill in them an appreciation for the usefulness of concept. A two-part presentation integrates good judgment and formal language—both with functions.
- FPGAs: World Class Designs
- Programming and Customizing the PIC Microcontroller (Tab Electronics)
- Serial Port Complete: COM Ports, USB Virtual COM Ports, and Ports for Embedded Systems (Complete Guides series)
- Memory Controllers for Mixed-Time-Criticality Systems: Architectures, Methodologies and Trade-offs (Embedded Systems)
- A Theory of Distributed Objects
- Logic-Based Artificial Intelligence (The Kluwer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science Volume 597)
Extra info for Modeling and optimization of parallel and distributed embedded systems
Multicore ECUs are envisioned as the next-generation solution for automotive applications with intense computing and high reliability requirements. The body electronics ECUs communicate via a class B CAN-bus typically operating at 100 kbps. Various CAN buses and optical buses that connect different types of ECUs in automotive applications are in turn connected through a central gateway, which enables the communication of all ECUs. To promote high scalability, the node-assigned time slot schedule is distributed across the ECU nodes where each node stores its own time slot schedule in a local scheduling table.
Limited space and energy budgets exacerbate these thermal challenges since active cooling systems (fans-based) are typically infeasible in most embedded systems, resulting in only passive and fanless thermal solutions. 3 Reliability-Constrained Embedded systems with high reliability constraints are typically required to operate for many years without errors and/or must recover from errors since many reliability-constrained embedded systems are deployed in harsh environments where postdeployment removal and maintenance are infeasible.
DE-NA0002378. Embedded systems possess a large number of common characteristics such as real-time constraints, dependability, and power/energy efficiency. Reactive embedded systems react continuously to their environment at the speed of the environment, whereas interactive embedded systems react with their environment at their own speed. Cyber-physical systems (CPSs) and embedded wireless sensor networks (EWSNs) are typical examples of distributed embedded systems. These application domains include military, health, ecology, environment, industrial automation, transportation, control, and medical, to name a few.