By Charles W. McNett
Read or Download Shawnee Minisink. A Stratified Paleoindian–Archaic Site in the Upper Delaware Valley of Pennsylvania PDF
Best social sciences books
The chapters during this ebook provide concrete examples from around the globe to teach how neighborhood livelihoods in mineral-rich tracts will be extra sustainable by way of absolutely integrating gender matters into all points of the connection among mining practices and mine affected groups. via the mining and the mine-affected groups via a gender lens, the authors point out numerous useful options to mitigate the affects of mining on women's livelihoods with no undermining women's voice and standing in the mine-affected groups.
Frauenbewegungen haben die Moderne mitgestaltet. Weltweit haben sie Veränderungen eingeleitet, die in ihren neuen Formen und Konsequenzen erst allmählich sichtbar und verstehbar werden. Im vorliegenden Band sind deshalb vor allem empirische Untersuchungen in internationaler Perspektive zusammengestellt, in denen besonders der Prozesscharakter der neuen Frauenbewegung herausgestellt wird.
- Does Your Program Measure Up: An Addiction Professional's Guide for Evaluating Treatment Effectiveness (Hazelden professional edition)
- Regional Model Life Tables and Stable Populations: Second Edition, Studies in Population
- Qsar Es-Seghir: An Archaeological View of Medieval Life
- Popular Politics and Society in Late Victorian Britain
Additional resources for Shawnee Minisink. A Stratified Paleoindian–Archaic Site in the Upper Delaware Valley of Pennsylvania
Dent Gap National Recreation Area, tourism and recreation are also important resources to the area. Geological History of the Upper Delaware Valley The Upper Delaware Valley region is located within one of the most com plete stratigraphie sections in North America. Unfortunately, however, much of the geological history of the area, especially in pre-Pleistocene times, has not been studied extensively. For this reason, this discussion of geological formation processes and events is circumscribed but still serves the purpose of acquainting the reader with our present knowledge of the area.
4. Recent Past and Present Biophysical Conditions 39 Epstein characterized the flow as having been generally from the north and moving almost due south with a slight southwestern deflection as the ice hit the Kittatinny Mountains and Godfrey Ridge and with some ice flowing through the actual Delaware Water Gap (1969:40). The ice pack was more than 410 m thick, as illustrated by striae on the crest of the Kittatinny Mountains, and subsequently scoured out the valley to a depth of 46-76 m below the present surface (Epstein 1969:7).
The solution at Salmon Ruin was to keypunch cards in the field and send them to the computer center at Eastern New Mexico University by Greyhound bus. However transmitted, daily summary runs could then be accessed from the field by remote terminal and provided valuable, virtually error-free data on which to base excavation decisions. Since the project's conversion software also had been designed to produce summary tables, the Shawnee Minisink project decided to implement the use of remote terminals for daily progress data.