By Will Foote
Read Online or Download The Bible Delusion: Why Belief in the Infallible Word of God is a Delusion PDF
Best nonfiction_4 books
Штурмовые отряды СС. Роль Гитлера в формировании этой мощной нацистской силы. Униформа и методы применения частей СС в тылу и на фронте. Действия Ваффен-СС. В том числе на Восточном фронте. Обо всем этом рассказывается в материалах этого электронного сборника. Материалы написаны ведущими британскими историками, посвятившими истории нацизма и его военной силы не один десяток лет.
- Sex. Aurelii Propertii Elegiae (Latin Edition)
- Vitamin D, Volume 1-2, Second Edition
- Capital & Class. - 1985. - Issue 24 issue 24
- The Palliative Response
- Implementing reforms in the telecommunications sector: lessons from experience
Additional resources for The Bible Delusion: Why Belief in the Infallible Word of God is a Delusion
About 1,656 years after God created Adam, and placed him in the garden of Eden, the world had become populous and extremely wicked; indeed, every thought and imagination of man's heart was evil continually. What was the cause of all this wickedness we are not informed; but we are told that the sons of God took unto them wives of the daughters of men because they were fair, and we are led to suppose that these matches produced giants and other incurably wicked offspring. No physiological reason is assigned for this Strange result, nor perhaps was there any present to the mind of the writer, who probably had witnessed unhappy marriages in his own family, and was anxious to warn his readers, however vaguely, against allowing their daughters to be inveigled into matrimonial bonds with pious sniffling fellows, who professed themselves peculiarly the children of their Father in heaven.
2. Whence and how did Noah procure the food for his huge menagerie? That he was obliged to do so, that the animals were not miraculously preserved without food, we are certain; for he was expressly commanded by God to gather food for himself and for them. " What provision was made for the carnivorous animals, for lions, tigers, vultures, kites, and hawks? Some of these would require not simply meat, but fresh meat, which could not be provided for them unless superfluous animals were taken into the ark to be killed, or Noah had learned the art of potting flesh.
There are, according to Hugh Miller, 1,658 known species of mammalia, 6,266 of birds, 642 of reptiles, and 550,000 of insects; how could one man, or a hundred men, have collected specimens of these in those days, and in such & brief space of time? The beasts, clean and unclean, male and female, might be got together by means of terrible exertion; but surely to assemble the birds and reptiles and insects must transcend human capacity. Some of the last class would of course not require much seeking; they visit us whether we desire their company or not; and the difficulty would not be how to get them into the ark, but how on earth to keep them out.