By R. Miron, Mihai Anastasiei
Differential-geometric tools are gaining expanding value within the knowing of a variety of primary usual phenomena. quite often, the place to begin for such stories is a variational challenge formulated for a handy Lagrangian. From a proper perspective, a Lagrangian is a soft actual functionality outlined at the overall house of the tangent package deal to a manifold enjoyable a few regularity stipulations. the most objective of this ebook is to give: (a) an in depth dialogue of the geometry of the full area of a vector package; (b) a close exposition of Lagrange geometry; and (c) an outline of crucial functions. New equipment are defined for development geometrical types for purposes.
some of the chapters ponder issues reminiscent of fibre and vector bundles, the Einstein equations, generalized Einstein--Yang--Mills equations, the geometry of the entire house of a tangent package deal, Finsler and Lagrange areas, relativistic geometrical optics, and the geometry of time-dependent Lagrangians. must haves for utilizing the e-book are an outstanding origin commonly manifold conception and a basic history in geometrical types in physics.
For mathematical physicists and utilized mathematicians attracted to the idea and functions of differential-geometric equipment.
Read or Download The Geometry of Lagrange Spaces: Theory and Applications PDF
Best geometry books
Meant to be used in collage classes for potential or in-service secondary university lecturers of geometry. Designed to offer lecturers large training within the content material of easy geometry in addition to heavily similar subject matters of a marginally extra complex nature. The presentation and the modular layout are designed to include a versatile method for the educating of geometry, person who will be tailored to diversified lecture room settings.
"Basic Noncommutative Geometry presents an advent to noncommutative geometry and a few of its purposes. The ebook can be utilized both as a textbook for a graduate path at the topic or for self-study. it is going to be invaluable for graduate scholars and researchers in arithmetic and theoretical physics and all those people who are attracted to gaining an realizing of the topic.
This publication includes 24 technical papers offered on the fourth variation of the Advances in Architectural Geometry convention, AAG 2014, held in London, England, September 2014. It deals engineers, mathematicians, designers, and contractors perception into the effective layout, research, and manufacture of complicated shapes, so that it will aid open up new horizons for structure.
- The Teaching of Geometry at the Pre-College Level: Proceedings of the Second CSMP International Conference Co-Sponsored by Southern Illinois University and Central Midwestern Regional Educational Laboratory
- The Britannica Guide to the History of Mathematics (Math Explained)
- Projective differential geometry old and new
- Exploring Classical Greek Construction Problems with Interactive Geometry Software (Compact Textbooks in Mathematics)
Extra info for The Geometry of Lagrange Spaces: Theory and Applications
2) the I-form w by vw and Y by hY one obtains the second equation from (i). Conversely, by (Dxhw)(vY) =0 we have hw (Dx v Y) = 0, hence Dx v Y is a vertical vector field. Analogously, from hD xv w = we deduce that Dxh Y is an horizontal vector field. Thus D is a dconnection. The equations (i) are equivalent to the equation (ii) as it follows easily from the identity ° Thus the theorem is proved. 3) induce similar decompositions for every tensor field on E. Thus if W is a tensor field of type (p + r, q + s) on E, then W(hw 1 +vwl' ...
Structure Equations of ad-Connection In the treating of some problems from geometry of the total space E of a vector bundle ~ = (E,p,M), the computations can be shortened if instead of h- and vcovariant derivatives the covariant differentiation associated with ad-connection D on E is used. 52 Chapter III dc Let c:[O,I]-+E, t-+c(t) be a curve on E and - be the tangent vector field dt along it. 1) (~, ~) as follows OXl dy' dc=dxi~+oy·~. dt dt dy· dt ox i A vector field DdeY, where dc =dx i~ + oy' ~ will be denoted by D Y and ox dy· will be called the covariant differentiation of Y E X (E) .
1. e. to consider the non-linear connections in the bundle (E-O,PIE-O,M), where E-O is the manifold E without the image of the null-section. §3. 9(E)module of the vector fields on the total space E of the vector bundle ~ = (E,p,M). S (YE). We shall denote always by the same letter the morphism between spaces of sections induced by the morphisms between respective vector bundles. X(E) as follows: v(X) = C(X) if X is a vertical vector field and v(X) = 0 if X is an horizontal vector field. It easily results the following properties of v: Chapter II 24 1.