By Ariff Bongso, Chui-Yee Fong (auth.), Hossein Baharvand (eds.)
The research of stem telephone examine has lately won the eye from a turning out to be, multidisciplinary group of scientist; this exponential progress of curiosity is pushed by way of the desire of gaining knowledge of therapies for a number of ailments via transplantation medication. developments in Stem Cells Biology and know-how aptly serves this constructing group because it unearths new elements of stem telephone learn via particularly masking stories taken with spermatogonial stem cells, uniparental embryonic stem mobile strains, the iteration of gametes from stem cells, reprogramming germ cells to stem cells, nuclear and somatic mobilephone genetic reprogramming, tissue engineering and mechanotransduction of stem cells and eventually the advance of stem phone applied sciences for the therapy of deafness, center sickness, corneal damage and diabetes. With contributions by means of best scientists and popular students, tendencies in Stem Cells Biology and expertise deals a large viewers innovative details at an important time during this ever increasing field.
Read Online or Download Trends in Stem Cell Biology and Technology PDF
Similar biology books
Retaining the excessive criteria set via the winning first version, Anthony P. Davenport and a panel of hands-on researchers from the pharmaceutical and academia make the most of the most recent advancements to supply designated useful equipment for learning receptors in silico, in vitro, and in vivo.
Angiogenesis is the expansion of latest blood vessels and is a vital usual approach within the physique. A fit physique continues an ideal stability of angiogenesis modulators. in lots of critical disorder states, in spite of the fact that, the physique loses keep watch over over antiogenesis. ailments which are angiogensis-dependent consequence while blood vessels both develop excessively or insufficiently.
This booklet constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of 2 joint RECOMB 2005 satellite tv for pc occasions: the 1st Annual Workshop on platforms Biology, RSB 2005 and the second one Annual Workshop on Regulatory Genomics, RRG 2005, held in San Diego, CA, united states in December 2005. The 21 revised complete papers awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen for inclusion within the booklet.
- The Biology of a Marine Copepod: Calanus finmarchicus (Gunnerus)
- Le flore dell' era mesozoica. Pubblicazioni della R. Università degli studi di Firenze, Facoltà agraria e forestale. Firenze, Tipografia M. Ricci
- Fluorescent Energy Transfer Nucleic Acid Probes: Designs and Protocols
- Mycorrhiza: Structure, Function, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- The Molecular Biology of Down Syndrome
Extra resources for Trends in Stem Cell Biology and Technology
Banking on human embryonic stem cells: estimating the number of donor cell lines needed for HLA matching. Lancet 2005;366:2019–25. 8. Cibelli JB, Grant KA, Chapman KB, et al. Parthenogenetic stem cells in nonhuman primates. Science 2002;295:819. 9. Takahashi K, Yamanaka S. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell 2006;126:663–76. 10. Barton SC, Surani MA, Norris ML. Role of paternal and maternal genomes in mouse development.
An overview of the procedure is outlined in Fig. 3. Blastocyst stage embryos from which the zona pellucida has been removed, are placed in individual wells of a 96-well plate and are cultured for 3 days to form outgrowths. To disaggregate these outgrowths (passage 0), the whole well is treated with trypsin, and all cells from each well of the 96-well plate are transferred to a well of a 48-well plate. An alternative method to this is picking and disaggregating only the inner cell mass of the outgrowth (58, 61).
25. Reubinoff BE, Pera MF, Fong CY, Trounson A. Bongso A. Embryonic stem cell lines from human blastocysts: somatic differentiation in vitro. Nat Biotechnol 2000;18:399–404. 26. Richards M, Fong CY, Chan WK, Wong PC, Bongso A. Human feeders support prolonged undifferentiated growth of human inner cell masses and embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 2002;20:933–6. 27. Richards M, Tan S, Fong CY, Biswase A, Chan WK, Bongso A. Comparative evaluation of various human feeders for prolonged undifferentiated growth of human embryonic stem cells.