By H Lutz
Ultrafiltration for Bioprocessing is essential analyzing for all these inquisitive about the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical components. Written by means of a number one employee within the region, it contains many sensible purposes and case experiences within the key technique of ultrafiltration (UF), that's utilized in virtually each bioprocess.
- Focuses on ultrafiltration for biopharmaceuticals—other books examine normal ultrafiltration or common biopharmaceuticals
- A mixture of concept and functional applications—other books are usually extra theory-oriented
- Addresses the most concerns encountered in improvement and scale-up via strategies and case studies
Read or Download Ultrafiltration for Bioprocessing PDF
Best special topics books
This publication simplifies software program size and explains its worth as a device for decision-makers at software program businesses. recommendations offered in software program Metrics: A consultant to making plans, research, and alertness are derived from most sensible practices. the guidelines are field-proven, down-to-earth, and easy, making it a useful source for these striving for technique development.
In elements of Korea and China, moon bears, black yet for the crescent-shaped patch of white on their chests, are captured within the wild and taken to "bear farms" the place they're imprisoned in squeeze cages, and a metal catheter is inserted into their gall bladders. The dripping bile is accrued as a therapy for diseases starting from an disappointed belly to epidermis burns.
Surprise remedy is coming round again at the present time within the remedy of significant psychological disorder. regardless of its reemergence as a secure and powerful psychiatric software, in spite of the fact that, it is still shrouded by means of a longstanding destructive public snapshot, now not least as a result of motion pictures akin to the vintage One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, the place the inmate of a psychiatric medical institution (played by way of Jack Nicholson) is subjected to electro-shock to scale back his rebellious habit.
Lasers became an fundamental clinical instrument and new thoughts and coverings related to them are being pioneered for all time. The editor and individuals start via the reaction of tissue to laser mild. They then define the kinds of lasers utilized in medication, together with solid-state, gasoline, dye and semiconductor lasers and talk about using lasers for diagnostics, resembling optical coherence tomography, laser spectroscopy in biomedicine and optical biopsy.
- An Introduction to Quality Assurance in Health Care
- On the Shoulders of Medicine's Giants: What Today's Clinicians Can Learn from Yesterday's Wisdom
- Emergent Computation: Emphasizing Bioinformatics (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering)
- Insanity, Institutions and Society, 1800-1914
Extra resources for Ultrafiltration for Bioprocessing
19. Deen WM, Smith FG III. Hindered diffusion of synthetic polyelectrolytes in charged microporous membranes. J Membr Sci 1982;12(2):217–37. 20. Kedem O, Katchalsky A. Thermodynamic analysis of permeability of biological membranes to non-electrolytes. Biochim Biophys Acta 1958;27:229. 21. Vilker VL, Colton CC, Smith KA. The osmotic pressure of concentrated protein solutions: effect of concentration and pH in saline solutions of bovine serum albumin. J Colloid Interf Sci 1981;79:548–66. 22. Vilker VL, Colton CC, Smith KA, Green DL.
1 General properties Ultrafiltration (UF) membranes are thin porous solids that perform separations by retaining and passing solutes primarily based on their size. Key membrane properties include retention capability, solvent permeability, chemical compatibility, mechanical strength for module fabrication and repeated use, consistency, and cost. They have nominal molecular weight limit (NMWL) ratings of 1–5000 kDa to retain solutes, such as macromolecules, nanoparticles, and colloids while passing smaller solutes and solvents.
Zeman LJ, Andrew LZ. Microfiltration and ultrafiltration, principles and applications. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker; 1996. 2. DiLeo AJ, Allegrezza Jr. AE, Burke ET. Membrane, process, and system for isolating virus from solution. S. Patent 5,017,292, 1991. 3. Bird RB, Warren ES, Edwin NL. Transport phenomena. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Wiley & Sons; 2002. Membranes 29 4. Zydney AL, Aimar P, Meireles M, Pimbley JM, Belfort G. Use of the log-normal probability density function to analyze membrane pore size distributions: functional forms and discrepancies.